Friday, June 7, 2013

TGIF!

This week feels like it should have ended 3 days ago. My goodness its been a rough one. I'm trying to just get through today without my head exploding, and then hopefully we can have fun this weekend.

Every morning, I drop off Baduka at school, and park as close as possible, so I can leave the other two in the car. Bad parenting? Maybe, but half the time Dizzy and the New Kid aren't even wearing pants. And parents aren't even allowed in the building, unless it's raining, so I see the car the whole 5 minutes. Days like today, I am most definitely leaving them in the car. We were running late, it's raining, Dizzy still needed to be changed from waking up, the New Kid didn't have a bottle yet, blahblahblah. Apparently today, I wasn't the only one having a less than perfect Friday. And yes, I may have parked in not the best spot, but the mother that was determined to let me know it, maybe could have taken it down a few notches. In the time it took for her to repeatedly tell me to never park there "EVER again, UNDERSTAND?" I coulda been halfway down the street. I hope her day got better, because that was at 8:30. It takes a long time to get from there, til it's 5 o'clock somewhere, and she can finally relax.

What really bothered me about the whole thing was, how she seemed determined to start a yelling match. Umm, we were in the school yard. I don't think its necessary to go on a rampage in front of little kids aged 3 and up. I mean, I guess most of them were already in the building, but still? Isn't that more damaging than me parking for 5 minutes, and blocking the driveway to the teachers' spaces? I see her point, that it could be a hazard in a fire, but it's not like the building was sending up smoke signals. The teachers who get the kids off the school vans saw me park, and didn't even say anything. Just makes me wonder if this is how she treats everyone when she thinks/knows she's right?

I have enough things to worry about, so I just kept saying okay, I'm moving, okay, I'm leaving, because honestly this wasn't something I was willing to get into. I hope that was the only time I had to "pick my battle" with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment