Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rare moments

Ever have one of those amazing days, where all your crazy children decide, "nah, not today? Today, we'll just take it easy on the old lady. Let's just relax, she's been looking a little tired, and have you seen those grays?" And you seize that opportunity to shower, or eat a real lunch, or in my case today, wash the disgusting kitchen floor?

The New Kid was napping, Baduka and Dizzy were all comfy with their bags of Froot Loops and Monsters Inc was playing. All was quiet and peaceful.

I had dragged the kitchen chairs onto the back porch and swept under, over, and around everything else. I just filled up the sink with steaming hot water and Pine-Sol. I found the mop.

"DING DONG!"
"BARK,BARK,BARK!"
"WAHHH!"
"Other various sounds of all H-E-Double hockey sticks (for you Bruins fans) breaking loose."

Seriously, lady? I don't want a bible. I don't want to talk about Jesus. I didn't even want to open the door, but CatDog would have barked until tomorrow if I didn't.

I actually think those two ladies should have came in and washed the floor, entertained the children, and made me a drink.

God probably would have wanted that.


No comments:

Post a Comment