Monday, June 3, 2013

My type of girl?

Yesterday we spent the day at my mom's for my sister's baby shower, which means the maniacs ate mostly cake, and the occasional bite of chicken. By the time we got home, they were filthy and exhausted, so it was baths, a snack, and bed. Why was I surprised that Dizzy was up moan-cry-whining at 2:30? I was practically begging him to stop. An extra cup of milk, a nutri-grain bar, a peanut butter sandwich, and Curious George 2 finally got that kid to sleep at 5ish.

He slept the entire ride to Baduka's school. Bastard.

Which brings me to the point of my story. I don't make a long story short even in blog form haha. There's a mom of twin boys that I talk to at the drop off and pick up. One of her twins is in Baduka's class, and so she keeps hinting at playdates. While she seems nice and all, she doesn't seem "my type," so I decided to try talking to her like I would to one of my already friends, with a somewhat tame conversation starter. It went like this:

Me: "Ugh, I wanna throw myself under a bus today."
Her: "What?! You almost got in an accident with a bus??"
Me: "No, I'm so tired, I was woken up at 2:30, I want to THROW myself under a bus..."
Her: "Oh, don't do that!"

I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend my days explaining all the ridiculous, inappropriate, sarcastic, obnoxiousness that comes out of my mouth though, so really? Do I need a new friend?

Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment