Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

We got home today as soon as the rain was the worst, who's surprised? I tried staying in the car for as long as possible, but Dizzy hated that idea, and made it known by annoying the New Kid out of a car nap. So I got them all in the house and Dizzy set the dog free. Which meant the dog was running into someone else's yard to pee on their stuff (sorry, Neighbors!) I was still carrying Baduka in, and Dizzy was standing on the kitchen table, so with a kid under each arm, I locked them in their bedroom to go get the dumb dog. Halfway down the hallway was a "Baby on the Loose!" Seriously? I know I dream of escaping some days, but these guys need a better plan.

Because of all the blah this rain has brought, I figure now would be a good time to add to my Things That Make Me Happy List.

* The smell of the New Kid. The drooly, pukey, formulaey deliciousness that apparently only a mother could love, because Daddy thinks it's disgusting. What does he know? He willingly smells poop.

* How whenever Dizzy does anything that we say "Thank you!" for he high-fives us and says, "YESSSA!" It's really quite adorable.

* How awesome Baduka has been doing in school and out. The other day he put together an alphabet floor puzzle and named every picture. And he's memorized some parts of books, so it's like he's reading.

* Going to the mailbox and not finding a single bill. Today the only mail was for my aunt who hasn't lived here for years asking for a church donation, and an offer to switch our cable.

* Already knowing exactly what's for dinner.

What about you guys? What makes you happy on rainy, blah days? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment