Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just getting some diapers...

Last night Daddy changed all the diapers from the time he got home from work til the maniacs went to bed, because yes, he is the best. When he asked if the diaper pack was the last one we had, I told him I thought Dizzy hid a pack in the closet. He didn't. So when I heard Daddy say something about lasting til tomorrow to them, I hoped it meant he was bringing us diapers. It didn't. Which meant today, when I finally dragged myself out of bed at 8:30something-ish, and saw only 3 diapers for the 3 butts, I knew a Target trip was mandatory. I almost considered potty training all of them today, they pee where they want anyway.

I hate shopping with 3 children for exactly 1 reason. The shopping carts. When will every store decide that the design of the BJ's ones are far superior and get them too? The double seats with working buckles, and the basket with room for the New Kid's baby bucket AND stuff is genius. The other stores who just slapped a plastic chair to a regular cart really didn't help the situation of more than one child. The cart is as long as a freaking aisle. Going to pay, and prevent them from throwing all the candy and gum onto the conveyor belt, is an aerobic exercise. This is why Daddy gets lists texted to him almost daily.

But anyway, it took over an hour to get them all dressed, milked/formulaed, pancakes microwaved, shoes found (didn't even wear them,) and into their carseats. I let the dog come in the hopes he would eat all the old pretzels, pancakes, and cereal off the car floor, but apparently he was full off the bowl of cat food he ate right before leaving. All in all, it took 2 hours to do something that should have taken 20 minutes.

And they haven't even pooped yet.

And I found a stash of diapers in a backpack.

I left the house for nothing and used half a day doing it. Good news is, I didn't get sucked into the Target Trap. I got out of there for less than $35.

It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment