Monday, June 10, 2013

Field Trip!

Yesterday was a big day for us, we went to Fenway for a Red Sox game, and made it home with as many as we left with! And then some, actually since my sister and her friend were going to miss their train, and got a ride back with us.

I'm always so nervous about taking Baduka anywhere without a fence, gate, door with combination locks, etc. He's just so fast and I've never been the running type. But we had the tickets and we were going back and forth about babysitters, just Daddy going with friends, just me going with friends, or taking the maniacs. Then we realized we don't actually have enough friends, and had no choice but to have a Family Field Trip. My stepfather and sister joined us, we had five tickets and we only needed three, Dizzy got in free. My mom kept the New Kid, because we aren't that crazy.

And it was good! Granted, I didn't watch a single minute of it. I didn't even know it was the last inning, because I thought I heard "Sweet Caroline" and that happens in the seventh, right? But then everyone was packing up and I was still trying to get a family picture in front of the field.

Dizzy slept through a majority of the game, thank goodness for cheap umbrella strollers! And Baduka had us take him on many walks for Swedish Fish. The $7.50 was worth the few minutes he sat. I even got some cute pictures of him leaning against the fence watching the players in the bullpen (until yesterday I didn't even know what a bullpen was.)

When we got the tickets, I was mad at Daddy for wanting to go with friends, because I thought we should take the boys. Then I was mad at myself for wanting to take the boys. Girls right?! Can never make up their freakin' minds! But crowds scare me. I'm terrified of that two seconds. That two seconds, where someone's entire world can change. Daddy says we need to break out of our Autism Bubble a little more, because it's not fair to the other two, and I know he's right. So days like yesterday are even more amazing. We had fun, we rode the T, we ate Swedish Fish. No crying, no panicking, not even a poop!

It was a pretty fantastic field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment