Thursday, June 20, 2013

Losing it

Me, Dizzy, and the New Kid just got back from Target, our favorite place to give Daddy's paycheck to. I "needed" new plastic bins and covers for toy organization. It amazes me how crazy about toy sorting I am, because neat and tidy, I am NOT. I think I've watched Toy Story wayyy too many times though, because it freaks me out when toys are put away at night without all their parts. And honestly, I talked to my Cabbage Patch Kid well into my 20's, a part of me will always believe they do come alive.

Because of this insanity, I know all the toys they have, and where they go, and what's missing. I fear they are silently screaming, "I'm a LOST toy!" when they aren't where the rest of them are. Crazy- party of me!

But the baffling part is, where do they go? We live in a one bedroom. We barely leave the house. How on earth did they lose the 7 and 11 block from their wooden clock? How did they lose 51 magnets from the alphabet set? I know where the H is, but the rest? And all the picture magnets to match the letters?

When I put the bus away at night, the driver has to be in the drivers' seat, and let's not get started on passenger placement. When one is "missing," I wonder what kind of adventures they've been on.

When the boys lose interest in a toy, I seriously feel bad for it. I try to make them like it again, like some strange, forced playdate.

Clearly, along with lost toys, I've also lost my mind and my hair, but none of my weight. Thanks, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment