Monday, May 13, 2013

wake up late, make new friends

My phone has one volume for all the things in it- ringer, texts, games, THE ALARM CLOCK, etc. So this morning, we were late because I turned it wayyy down to play Bubble Star last night, and that music is annoying. Like, up with 15 minutes til I like to get in the car, kinda late. Got Baduka up, got pancakes in the microwave, lunch made, cups washed, a bottle made, and Baduka dressed within 10 minutes. All that I usually accomplish in an hour, I work better in a panic, I guess.

Pancakes and a bottle were eaten in the car. Dizzy was woken up at the last possible second, so he still probably has no idea what happened.

Of course, we got to school before almost everyone else. There was one school van sitting at the sidewalk. And a mom with her two kids in the yard part in front of the door. They were chasing each other and playing tag. Usually I have a firm grip on Baduka's hand, while we wait for his teacher to come out, and I have been letting go only for him to sit on the bench with his class. Today he was so excited to see the kids running around, that I let him run too.

It was nice to be able to chat with another mom with a kid on the spectrum, one who knows what I'm just starting to go through with school. Her son is a little bit older and her daughter is a "regular" kid. I liked seeing how well those two got along, it gave me hope that the best boys will eventually like each other too. That hopefully the pushing and face shoves can just be called Tag.

Baduka went into school, ready to learn with grass stained knees, a bumped head, and a pancake in each hand. I went home smiling, while remembering his backpack bobbing, a pancake in each hand, laughing and giggling, because I'm learning to let him be a "regular" kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment