Wednesday, May 1, 2013

short stories

Just a few things from this week...

* Monday was the first day me, Dizzy, and the New Kid walked to pick Baduka up from school. I completely misjudged the time it would take to walk a mile, so yup, I was the creepy mom watching recess outside the gate. I'm not sure why I thought I needed an hour and a half, and then was shocked to get there in 22 minutes. It was kinda nice to see him running around though.

* His teacher says he has great days, and it has been an easy transition, and I crave more details. Thats normal, right? I wanna grab her and be like, "Listen, lady, I take him home and he smells like your perfume til tubby time, so you tell me EXACTLY every detail of his day. How many bites of lunch was it?!" But I'm trying to downplay the crazy, so I just smile and say non-creeptastic things, like "Thanks!"  and "He's awesome!" and "See you tomorrow!"

* I'm pretty sure Dizzy had his first official panic attack, and it was definitely my fault. I put him and the New Kid in the stroller, then realized the car was parked in my way of getting out of the driveway, so I got in and started the car to move it up a few feet, while waving and saying, "Bye! See ya later!" He instantly burst into tears. Hopefully, he headbutts that memory right out of his giant head.

* The New Kid has been on the move. He is an army crawling pro and I'm just hoping he never learns the sport of climbing the walls. Two monkeys are enough.

* Potty training is too hard and I want to give it up. Baduka knows the how, but the why, when, and where is still a little difficult for him to understand. But since he insists Naked is AWESOME, I'm saving diapers, but wasting paper towels, wiping pee from every floor in the house. They make adult diapers for a reason, right?

Well, my coffee cup is empty, and it's suspiciously quiet in the other room, time to check and see if my dream of Family Naptime came true... Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment