Thursday, March 14, 2013

What Time Is It?

I'm a firm believer in "No baby is cute between the hours of midnight and 8a.m.," even my own precious babies. So, when Baduka woke up and escaped his room at 4a.m., I dragged him back in there kicking and screaming. I wasn't messing around, he may be cute from 8:01a.m. on to 11:59p.m., but at that point he turns into, "Who's kid ARE you, anyway?!" He turned his light on and climbed in bed, apparently he's afraid of the dark. We all fell back to sweet, glorious sleep for a few more hours.

 I went in at 7 to turn the light off, and there was Dizzy, staring up at me from his toy pile, dangerously close to dumping cars all over the place. He gave me a smile and although it wasn't in the time frame, it was adorable and I was up to bake, so I let him follow me around for a bit. I finally got him settled back in bed though, with a cup of milk.

That's when the New Kid was made aware of the fact that he may be a little hungry. So he made that little hungry noise. I got his bottle and at that point he was teetering on the edge of Little Hungry Noise and Dying of Starvation-so-I'm-going-to-use-my-remaining-energy-screaming-the-house-awake-cry. Anybody else agree that babies need a better warning system? He's a baby of the 2012's, why can't he text his order of 7 ounces, room temperature, shaken, instead of losing his mind? That feature must come with the upgrade...

The point of all this is, coffee please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment