Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Being a Baby, Not As Easy As It Sounds

I've spent almost every hour of these boys lives with them. It's part of why I'm crazy, I think, but I just think they are pretty freaking fantastic, so I don't like to leave them. Weird, huh? Anyway, watching them all these days, I think it's pretty safe to say it must be wicked annoying being a baby. I have a few reasons...

1. New Kid woke up today, not because he was done sleeping, (obviously, because he then spent the next 2 hours with a grump on his face,) but because he had pooped his pants. If the reason why I woke up most days was because I crapped myself, I'd be pretty mad til naptime too.

2. Kids fall down a lot. Dizzy cannot, for the life of him, make it across the room without falling. At least twice. It's like he's been drinking. He really might be his mother's son.

3. They eat the same things over, and over, and over again. Baduka pretty much gets by on finger scrapings of the peanut butter off his bread and baggies of froot loops. But he doesn't know how to ask for anything else and I hate wasting food. Sorry boys.

4. They cry, and it's a guessing game as to why, when they are the New Kid's age... "Oh you're crying, are you hungry? Did you pee? Do you want me to bop this toy off your face a few times?"

5. They become puppets. Seriously, they learn a new word or action, and all of a sudden the only thing a parent knows how to say is, "Do it AGAIN!!" No wonder why Baduka lives in his own world. He does something and he doesn't care who is impressed by it, he won't do it again til he's ready, and there's not a person or camera in sight.

6. Dizzy is the middle kid. Watching him, I know why people hate being that kid. The oldest gets what he wants, and the youngest probably pooped himself, so really there's not too many hours left in the day to do what the middle one wants. I think thats why he learned the gimme-gimme hands as fast as he did. There's not an adult alive who can resist that. Its too adorable. But watch out, sometimes as soon as you pick him up, he lands a headbutt right between your eyes. Probably deserved, next time pay attention to him.

There's probably a lot more reasons, but I hear dangerous sounds from the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment