Thursday, August 22, 2013

I need a maid.

It's not often that I want to clean. In fact, I only wash the dishes everyday because I hate paper plates, and we need to eat. But once in a while, I think, "well, I need to waste all this energy I have (HA!) might as well reorganize." Just kidding, I plan on showering today so I figured I'd make it worth it, by getting sweaty and gross first. Don't wanna waste water by being somewhat clean already.

I downed two cups of coffee (because I lied in that last paragraph about the energy,) and decided while the crazies were watching Daniel Tiger, I'd finally tackle their room. It's been long enough. They have so many toys and pretzels under the crib. Between the bunk bed and the wall was possibly an entire box of Trix. Matchbox cars as far as the eye could see. You get the picture.

So I pushed everything into the middle of the room and started from the outside in. That's when Baduka realized I was "doing something."

He walked in, looked at all the toy buckets, the train table, the moved aside crib, and in a moment of perfection said--

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

You know you need to clean more, when you shock the 3 year old with autism into speaking.

2 comments:

  1. I just read one woman's Fb post about how her autistic son's Speech Therapist called to say that he had just screamed the F-word 3 times at some girl who was bothering him. The Therapist and the mom both laughed and saw it as progress because at least he was speaking AND using the word in the correct context! Hey, whatever it takes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah so awesome! I used to tell his caseworker that he could swear like a sailor as long as he talked, and the first time he says "mom make me a f#*!ing sandwich!" guess what I'm doing? Making him a f#*!ing sandwich hahaha his caseworker loved us!

    ReplyDelete