Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dinner!

Cooking dinner tonight, and I can't help but think of last night's fantastic dinner. We were on the way home, and I thought grilled chicken and a simple lettuce, cucumber, and crouton salad, sounded delightful after our day out and about.

We stopped at the grocery store for a few things, where I purchased the required chicken, lettuce, and cucumber. All seemed to be falling into place just perfectly. I mean, we already had croutons!

We got home, Daddy started the grill, I made the salad. Then we both opened a delightful adult beverage, and enjoyed the beautiful weather out on the porch.

The children being the most perfect beings on Earth, were playing happily, going inside and out. Laughing and running. Being ever so perfect.

Maybe I should have kept a better eye on the inside of the laughing and running. It was my fault. I mean, how could i blame those cherubs? Those delightful, little scamps? Those amazing, amazing creatures?

It was DEFINITELY my fault, that one of them decided to help season the salad.

You know? With an entire 12 ounce container or salt, pepper, and garlic (sparlic, as we like to call it.)

Mmm, nothing makes a simple salad of lettuce, cucumber and croutons taste more delightful, than all the water you have to rinse it with, to make it edible again. After, of course, picking out as many croutons as possible, to prevent water absorption.

Have kids, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment