Monday, April 22, 2013

First Day

So, we survived Day 1 of school for Baduka. It wasn't as traumatic as I feared.  He woke up and had Naked Breakfast, which he totally earned, since he went to bed naked and woke up dry, and then peed on the potty! Dizzy, on the other hand, went to bed fully clothed and diapered, and practically swam out of bed this morning. Which didn't make him exactly cheerful.

Got him dressed, brushed, pictured and out the door, almost on time and everything. Got to school and waited for all the kids to get there, then he was tricked into holding hands with a teacher and another kid in his class, and I cried back to the car.

Dizzy was still the devil when we got home and got put on a timeout nap. Papa was here, and although everyone who has ever met Frankie, has wanted to throw stuff at him, Dizzy actually did. A full milk cup, a rubber spatula, toys, a book... I think I put him on timeout because he cut the line of family members waiting to throw stuff, haha!

Since I was practically kid free, I really lived it up! I washed dishes, did some laundry, and made 42 pancakes. Legit, 42. Banana and butternut squash. So good!  And then I counted down the minutes (hours) to go pick up Baduka.

Picking him up was probably the highlight of my day. He ran to me, gave me a hug, and was so happy to see Dizzy and the New Kid, he HUGE SMILED, and KISSED Dizzy on the cheek. Way to make me cry twice in one day.

But the love was short-lived. Baduka rubbed that kiss in with a face shove, when Dizzy tried to touch his lunchbox. Ahh, brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment