Thursday, July 17, 2014

appreciate the unexplainable

I spend most days asking these children, "why are you doing that?!" I don't often get answers, but I still ask. Just in case.

Today, Dizzy dumped every toy on the floor. All of them. I asked why, but he just smiled, and growled a dragon at me. Okay.

But his last thing was to put every book from the bin on the chair. This time I didn't need to ask why, because he yelled, "Momma, look! Books! TAH-DAH!" Which yes, doesn't really answer why, at that moment, but it was actually the best thing he did all day...

Because, the New Kid. The New Kid decided today was Naked Day. He has trouble with days obviously, gets it from me, and kept taking off his clothes, gets it from Daddy. I dressed him several times, and he kept taking his clothes off. I came in from the other room, and sat down. Checked Facebook. Heard a strange, tinkly splash.

The New Kid peed in the book bin, that Dizzy emptied 10 minutes before.

He's a psychic. And we don't have to read urine soaked books later. It really is the little things that you learn to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment