Friday, July 26, 2013

Times like these

I haven't wrote a blog in a while, because I didn't think anything really happened that needed to be written out. But then the more I thought about it, the more I realized there's been plenty of short stories that made me laugh, made me crazy, made me happy.

Like last Sunday, when we wanted to take the best boys to the park and as soon as we crossed the street it started to sprinkle a few raindrops. Daddy said, "it's not gonna rain, rain. We'll be fine." So we continued on. About 10 minutes after we started playing, it started to drizzle, then it was a full on summer downpour. The boys had a blast. Even the New Kid decided the swing is awesome, and spent the entire time laughing. It was like a poor man's trip to Water Country, which works out, since we are far from rich.

Or last Thursday, when I spent 4 hours watching my little sister be in labor, watched her have contraction after contraction, watched the nurses be kind of obnoxious, watched her scream and cry, but didn't watch her have my perfect, little nephew. How did I miss that? She was 6cm, the nurses were calling for an epidural, and my mom wanted to go outside for a cigarette, because they were convinced it would take a while. Nope, 5 minutes. When a girl wants to push, you should probably listen. We left the room at 6cm and came back to a 6lb 1.7oz teeny, tiny baby.

Or the other night when I said, " why aren't we in the Wheel Watcher's Club?" Then decided to sign up, while Daddy was watching Jeopardy, and while no one was watching Baduka pull poop out of his diaper. We know how that ended.

Or last night, when Dizzy sat on my lap and watched a video of himself on my phone, and was laughing so hard, we had to video him on Daddy's phone. What was he doing in the video? Climbing on my lap, saying hi, and falling off onto the floor, over and over. Comedy gold.

Or the the other night when I went to check on the maniacs, and Baduka and Dizzy were asleep together on the bottom bunk. I hope they always end the day as friends like that.

And then there was this morning, when I quietly opened their bedroom door, to see Baduka "reading" to his brothers. The book is Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too? and it goes through a bunch of animals asking if they have mothers and YES, YES! Just like me and you! And it was hard to understand, but I knew what he was doing and it was in the exact way, down to the pointing to himself, like I read it to him.

That was when I realized, that I may not have a crazy, ridiculous, these kids are insane, story every day, but I have a lot of stories that make those times even more worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment