Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rain, Rain DON'T go away...

On Monday, when I dropped off Baduka at school, I was a little freaked out by the chaos. There were a lot of new "teachers" getting matched up with the returning kids. I'm pretty sure they are all college students learning How To Go Crazy In One 5 Week Period. Thankfully, Baduka is still with his teacher for the summer, but not his two regular teachers aides. So yes, I did text Daddy from the car, that I was "a little nervy-nerve."

Tuesday when I picked him up, I definitely did not want to hear the following words...

"(Baduka) had a great day, except for when he escaped..."

UMMM, WHAT?!

Apparently, for the first time ever, he tried to leave the playground at recess. She said it was less than a minute before she got him back, but it was scary and unexpected. I said to her she's lucky she found him, because I would have had to kill her and I wasn't wearing my murdering pants. And then we chuckled Ha Ha Ha.

Seriously, though.

Now I'm back to being terrified that he's going to run away. I showed up today with his kid alarm in his bag. She promised they weren't actually going outside today, because of the rain, and she's getting bungee cords for the gate for recess time. It does little to calm my crazy though, my worst fear is him running away.

Since bad weather keeps them inside for recess, I hate to inform you all that I will be perfecting my Rain Dance til August. Sorry to ruin your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment