Friday, September 26, 2014

stress relief, coming soon.

It's been a while... let's catch up, blahblahblah, crazy, blahblahblah, tired, blahblahblah, messy, blahblahblah, somebody pooped. There you go.

One of the things in the blahblahblahs though, was my panic attack, because Baduka got out, and we still have no idea how. I know people don't really understand the fear, and probably, hopefully never have to, of having no idea for 3 minutes where your non verbal, autistic child is. And I hope you never do. It's terrifying. He was luckily found safe in the car, eating a pop tart. But still, no idea how. And that 3 minutes took about 37 years off my life. Thankfully I am working on living forever...

But the scare really pushed us to get him a GPS bracelet. We got the LoJack Safety Net one, and in 7-10 business days, Baduka will be like a human car. We're thinking of calling him Buick.

The bracelet will be worn 24/7, bathing, swimming, sleeping. We got him a watch to practice having something on at all times, and he put it on no problems, slept all night with it, and immediately showed his teacher at school this morning. My stress level has dropped, slightly. When he's got the bracelet on, maybe I'll be able to pee during the day without hovering, one ear towards the door. I know it won't prevent him from being crazy, and leaving, but knowing 1 phone call, and a signal is activated, takes a HUGE weight off my shoulders.

This also makes me want to remind you, ask you, BEG you, if you ever see a child or even an older kid by themselves, and something seems off, wait, watch, ask where their adult is. Better safe than sorry. I am terrified that someday Baduka will get out, and be alone, and no one will stop to help.

Not my normal hilarity, but it's not all fun and games here, and this is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment