Tuesday, August 5, 2014

mama never told me there'd be days like this...

Dizzy had a doctor's appointment today after school. It was at 4:30, which is a weird traffic judgment time for me. So we left immediately. And got there 2 hours early. Even with a detour down the long way, so I could get Starbucks. By that time Dizzy was car napping, until that moment when he woke up screaming his face off, and made the New Kid cry too. Then that turned into the New Kid, and Baduka yelling, "Nonuts!!" and Dizzy was just yelling. So, since we had an hour and a half, we left the parking lot, and went to Dunks. I love giving all of Daddy's money to coffee establishments.

Anyway, they were happily covering themselves in glazed donut, while I sat there wondering how much longer I could hold my bladder, and how early was too early to go inside. Apparently 45 minutes early is too early, but I almost peed my pants.

Inside, they were good in the wagon, for about 15 minutes. But the stupid train was broken, and they wanted to watch the fish tank. Fast forward about 14 seconds, and I was practically tackling them all back into the wagon, because no one wanted to watch the fish. They wanted to swim with them. For real, doctor's waiting rooms should be made of bouncy house, and ball pit.

Then we finally got called in to the room. They promptly screamed their faces off. Well, besides Baduka, but he had a magazine, so he was reading. It was so bad, that by the time the doctor came in, I was sweating, Dizzy was screaming for his pants, the New Kid was trying to escape, and we had to yell just to be heard.

Blahblahblah, doctor stuff, blahblahblah.

The nurse came in to give Dizzy his shot, and he just pointed at the New Kid to take it for him, and sobbed. Seriously, pediatricians, and their nurses, have hearts of stone. How could they handle that all day long?! Dizzy was so upset he wouldn't take the band aid, but when the nurse left he slapped a Jake and the Neverland Pirate sticker on his needle hole. He also cried the whole way home about his, "booboo!"

We made it home in one piece, where Baduka climbed the beer fridge, and handed out freezepops, the New Kid got naked, and Dizzy sat on the porch sulking.

Oh, and I dropped an entire bin of Legos on the floor. It wasn't that bad, they mixed in nicely with the box of buttons that broke their fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment