Tuesday, January 21, 2014

dreams are funny things

Today has been the kind of day I always dreamed of having. I woke up, put my shoes on, went to the kitchen to make lunch and get Baduka's school stuff ready, before waking him up.

Got him out of bed, with the whispers of all the friends he was going to raise hel-- play with, today. Changed him, fought with him over what shirt he was going to wear. He won, pajama tiger is better than dinosaur eating fries. But he kept his shoes on, so I can't complain.

Then it was time to wake up Dizzy. Always a highlight of the morning, with the whining and the "NOnonoNono's". But today, today was different, special. Today he didn't want me to unzip his feeties. He didn't want me to unsnap his onesie. He didn't want me to touch him, but since me and Baduka fought over a shirt and there were so many no's, we were running late. So I did what I wanted, and didn't sense the warning.

Dizzy full on, like a newborn, peed over his shoulder. And cried. Then I sat him up and he peed on my freshly applied last night sweatpants I was wearing. And cried. Then stood up and peed, and peed, and peed. In full-force, stop start bursts. Everywhere. And cried.

So now I needed to be changed too. I could only find a pair of too tight, because I eat candy for breakfast, jeans.

I guess when I said today was the day of my dreams, I must have meant the dreams where nothing goes the way you thought, and you have to walk around the supermarket, adjusting your pants so no one will see your muffin top.

No comments:

Post a Comment