Tuesday, January 7, 2014

an hour in time

The alarm goes off at 6:00 and then 7:00, with snoozes in between for each alarm. I am lazy and always need just 9 more minutes.

7:27- Convince myself to leave the cozy, wozy blankies. The dog took a little longer and I had to untangle him from my legs.

7:28- Put my shoes on first, always first. You never know who is going to run and how far they will get. Always be ready.

7:30- Pee.

7:33- Attempt to let the dog out, because yesterday I didn't and I came home to pee and poop in the hallway. He runs back to the living room, because it's frigid outside. Seriously the dry ground crackled when I stepped on it. Second attempt meant I had to throw him out there.

7:34- Wash cups, make lunch, microwave French toast.

7:40- Start the car, worry someone may steal it.

7:42- Wake up Baduka, while getting his clothes, panic when I turn around and don't see him, be thankful I have my shoes on. Return to normal breathing when I see my blankets move.

7:43-7:54- Change and dress Baduka, while singing distracting songs to keep him from refusing to lift his arms up, and yelling for Dizzy in between lines, because he hates waking up.

7:55- Get the New Kid out of bed, change him while he's still in the middle of a sleep stretch, he really has no idea what just happened. Still yell for Dizzy.

7:58-8:03-  Drag Dizzy out of bed. He may hate me. Get him changed. He goes back to bed. Get the other two in jackets. Get the other two in the car that wasn't stolen. Get Dizzy out of bed again. He definitely hates me. I can tell by all the screaming. From both of us.

8:07-8:22- Leave the driveway, make it to school early enough to get the good spot, the one I was told not to park in anymore. I'm a rebel.

8:30- Bring Baduka to his teacher, run back to the warmth of the car. Go home.

8:45- Make coffee, pour milk, turn on Geeeeooooorrrrge. Dizzy loves me again and the coffee is finally waking me up enough to realize 7:30-8:30 is like 6 hours compressed into 1. No wonder I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment